Junior football round up

West Hill Wasps 2, CS Tigers 1

This was a great victory for Wasps against a Tigers side unbeaten this season, writes Mike Marsh.

Ollie Pugsley scored a great goal for Wasps to be 1-0 up by the break. Defenders Tom Simmons and Will Amos stopped most Tigers’ attacks in their tracks.

Ben Marsh controlled midfield, along with James Horler. Both sides played gritty football and, after a break against the run of play, CS Tigers got an equaliser. It was end to end stuff. With five minutes to go, Ben Marsh pushed the ball out wide to Man of the Match, Ollie Benson, who squared the perfect cross for Jonny Pitcher to grab the winner.

West Hill Wasps 3, Bradninch 0

You may also want to watch:

Bradninch had lost their first game 6-1 to CS Tigers but showed no signs of wanting to be beaten again and gave the Wasps a good run for their money.

After a goalmouth scramble an Ollie Benson strike deflected in off a Bradninch defender. Ben Marsh got the second with a long range shot which was in the back of the Bradninch net before anyone had realised.

Most Read

Benson put Wasps 3-0 up by half time. With no goals scored in the second half and both teams spent on energy, the full time whistle came just before the Sampford Peverell pitch turned into a swamp.

This was Wasps 10th win in 10 games and sees them top the Exeter & District Youth Football League.

Exeter Youth League Under 13s (Division 2)

Broadclyst 4, West Hill Wasps 5

This was a thrilling end-to end encounter in which the lead changed hands several times.

Wasps’ Charlie King put in a star performance, scoring four times in the process. Matt Venton also hit the back of the net with a great strike.

Although Wasps eventually triumphed, both teams could be proud of their role in this hard-fought and entertaining fixture.

sidmouth Town FCJV U9 Warriors played two fantastic games last weekend, beating Tiverton 4-0 and Kentisbeare 4-0, writes Rachel Pugsley.

Sparking like fireworks the Warriors saw Toby Neumegan score two first half goals. Thomas Mead and Mark Rogers added two in the second half.

Calvin Clifford was first to score against Kentisbeare, set up by Mead. Warriors scored three more goals in the second half from Neumegan, who got two, and Mead the fourth. Squad; Jack Howe, Thomas Mead, Harry Emmett, Richie Drewett, Toby Neumegan, Mark Rogers, Josh Hague, Ben Harrison, Calvin Clifford. Thank you to Josh Miller, who played for the Raiders so they could field a full squad.

Sidmouth Town JV U10 Warriors 2, Exmouth Ams u10s 1

Sidmouth found it hard to break Ammies down, but Alexander Mitchell put them 1-0 up at half time, writes Rob Fowler.

Exmouth levelled with little time left in the match, but Sidmouth hero was Dylan Lascelles with his first Saturday league goal to make it 2-1.

Sidmouth Town U10s Warriors 1, Seaton Town U10s 1

Two evenly-balanced teams battled out this draw. Seaton took an early lead, Sids regrouped at half time. Ensell and Griffiths were awesome. When Fowler’s shot was blocked on the line, Thomas Rush smashed in the rebound. The draw was a credit to both teams, who played good football.

Kentisbeare Colts 0 Sidmouth Town JV U9s Raiders 3

The Raiders deserved their 3-0 win against Kentisbeare, thanks to a great all round team performance, writes Alan Hallett.

Livewire Samuel Burhop scored twice and deserved his Man of the Match award for his non-stop work and cool finishing. The whole team defended and tackled well. Robbie Hallett completed the scoring.

Tiverton Town 3 Sidmouth Town J V U9s Raiders 0

Two own goals in the space of five minutes put an end to the Raiders’ hopes in a close encounter with Tiverton. Noah Raffell at the back earned his Man of the Match award for solid defending.

Sidmouth Raiders 8, Broadclyst SC 1

Despite a sticky start against bottom of the table Broadclyst goals came thick and fast in the second half, writes Mark Skelding.

Hughes scored two first half, then the goals came - McManus scoring two great goals and he was unlucky not to get a hat trick. Hughes again produced a stunning hat-trick with other goals coming from Parsons and Raffell with his now trademark long-range scorcher, straight into the top left corner.

All the players should congratulate themselves after what was a shaky start they composed themselves and cruised to a very satisfactory 8-1 victory.

Sid Warriors U12s 2, Tedburn Panthers 6

The Warriors were fired up from the start as they’d waited four weeks for a game, writes Simon Jones.

Cooke headed home from a Silks’ corner and Hayman headed in from a Lowe free kick for a 2-0 advantage. Two more good chances were created and, unfortunately, missed before Tedburn beat the offside trap to pull one back. From this moment, Tedburn took control. Warriors lost their shape and confidence and Tedburn were 3-2 up by the break.

Tedburn made it difficult for Warriors to pass the ball around. If it wasn’t for outstanding defensive play from Man of the Match Ethan Mead, and fine saves from Ollie Perez, the score could have been a lot worse.

Four Games gone three defeats and a draw the Warriors really now need to kick start their season.

Team; Leon Sinker, Ollie Perez, Toby De Grouchy, Kade Hayman, Matt Jones, Tom Woodruff, Ethan Mead, Joe Lowe , Jack Silk, Luke Tremlett, Elliot Perez, Tom Cooke, Alex Thomas and Joe Buckland.

Sidmouth U10 Raiders 0, Seaton 4

Cole Monaghan pulled off a string of superb saves against Seaton, despite the defence looking unbeatable, writes Dean Jones.

Seaton went 1-0 up, but Scott Gibson did his best to break through the Seaton defence but repelled everything thrown at them. Half time saw wholesale changes to the Sidmouth side with Jake Jones, Ben Scrivens, Oliver Jones and Finlay Morgan coming on. Sidmouth pushed forward for the equaliser, but kept being pushed back by a well-organised Seaton side.

Sidmouth U10 Raiders 0, Exmouth 4

Buoyed up by a Tony West team talk, the boys played well and were denied a goal by a one- handed goalline save.

Exmouth, 2-0 up by half time, looked unstoppable after the break, despite the efforts of George Salter, Thomas Mead and Glen Sinker.

Sidmouth looked shocked to concede and soon found their goal under attack again, after a goal line scramble Exmouth bundled the ball over the line for another goal. The second half saw changes again, Sidmouth tried hard to find there passing but Exmouth now seemed unstoppable, Thomas West did his best to keep them out but Sidmouth were soon three down. George Salter was on a one man mission to get his team back into the game, but a solid Exmouth pushed forward and Glen Sinker, now in goal was beaten once more with a free kick smashed into the top corner of the goal. Will Lorkin chased down a loose Exmouth pass and ran towards goal but was crowded out by Exmouth’s defence. Exmouth piled forward and hit the post, Glen Sinker made two great saves in the dying seconds to keep the score at four nil when the ref blew for full time.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus