Junior football roundup
Tiverton Town 1
Sidmouth Tn JVRaiders U8s 0
Raiders’ first game after the Christmas break saw them slip to a last gasp defeat. Despite looking rusty, Raiders matched their opponents without ever really threatening to score themselves. They looked to have earned a hard fought draw before late hesitancy in defence saw Tiverton grab the winner from close range.
Will Bond in goal, helped out by Man of the Match Noah Raffell, who worked hard to get his tackles in, dealt well the Tiverton attack until the last minute when a lapse let in the home side to score from close range. At the other end Raiders too often lost possession before creating scoring chances.
Twyford Spartans 9
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Tn JV Raiders U8s 0
Lack of match practice showed as Raiders suffered a heavy defeat against a good Twyford Spartans side which blasted six early goals against a shell-shocked Raiders who looked off the pace from the start.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The first half saw Twyford pepper the Raiders’ goal with shots forcing good saves and goal line clearances from a desperate Raiders’ defence.
It was a little more even after the break as Raiders improved defensively. Man of the Match, Louis Silk, led by example, tackling all over the pitch while Stanley Richardson, in goal, made some great saves.
Despite the improvement, Twyford scored three more times in the second half to complete a comfortable victory.