Junior tennis coaching being launched at Tipton St John
- Credit: Archant
Budding young tennis players have the chance to have a go at the sport at pay and play sessions at Tipton St John.
The sessions are open to children aged from seven to 16 of all abilities, from beginner to intermediate, and are being run by qualified coaches.
Starting from January 14, the sessions take place under the floodlights of Tipton St John Tennis Club and cost just £5 per week.
The younger age group, seven to 11, are catered for on Mondays from 5.45pm through to 6.45pm and the older age group, the 12- to 16-year-olds have their sessions each Wednesday from 5.45pm through until 6.45pm.
Those taking part don’t need to be members of the tennis club. However, they will need to join up once they have attended three sessions.
You may also want to watch:
At £35 per year for juniors, membership of the club is very affordable.
A club spokesperson said: “The emphasis on the sessions is about having fun but developing essential tennis skills at the same time.”
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
For more information on the club and these junior coaching sessions, call 07934 190893.