Just lost out in cup to Devonport
Devonport Services U16 11,
Sidmouth RFC U16 10
Sidmouth missed their chance to progress in the cup against a determined Services team who dominated the line-out and scrum and deserve their place the semi-finals.
Sidmouth had the best of the first half and should have had the game wrapped-up but missed several chances and the score was 0-0 at half time.
Services gained in confidence; they kicked a couple of penalties and controlled field position.
You may also want to watch:
With ten minutes to go, Sidmouth closed the gap with a penalty. From the restart Connor Gilby put energy and pace on the kick return and found space to off-load to Wells Burr who showed his class with an outstanding run to touch down.
Cotton converted and Sidmouth were in the lead. However, Services were excellent in the last five minutes. By controlling possession they knew they would get one more chance which they took from close range with the last play of the game.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League