Justin Ashby makes comeback at First Chance 10k in Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Having watched his son Sam take part in the Devon Schools XC Championships, and having not raced for nine months due to niggling injuries, Justin Ashby felt inspired to hit the tracks once again, writes Hamish Spence.
An appropriate choice was taken for an event, The First Chance 10km Exeter, organised by the South West Road Runners.
Justin was not the only Mighty Green taking part, for Sam was also there.
The course is fairly flat and includes a double loop along the Exeter Riverside. Justin’s run was given a boost by a big shout of support from Sam as he headed one way and Justin the other!
The position of 12th was acquired by Justin (a bit of a family theme going on here); 12th seems to be the number of the weekend in the Ashby house.
You may also want to watch:
His time was a speedy 36:17 and he collected the award for first MV45.
Sam Ingram, who is in training for this year’s London Marathon, finished well up the field in a time of 47:40, which saw him taking the 164th slot.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable