Keast at the double in fine SOHC win
- Credit: Archant
SOHC ladies’ development team recorded a fine 2-1 win over Okehampton ladies.
The friendly was contested in glorious Sunday sunshine and SOHC used the match top give game time to a number of up and coming youngsters – the future of the club!
It was very much a case of ‘youngsters to the fore’ with the eleven in action including just three ‘oldies’ who offered the necessary experience!
Those three apart it was clear that the eight youngsters would need to show they could indeed ‘step up to the plate’ – and how they did!
It proved to be an even match with the defence having as much to do as the midfield and attacking line. The ever-reliable Charlotte Brodie showed why she is destined for an outstanding goalkeeping future. Katie Underwood, Emily Bolton and Abi Pearse were very organised in defence and kept their marking tight.
You may also want to watch:
Flora Hastie worked hard in midfield and made a concerted effort to disperse the ball accurately and wisely. This gave the opportunity for Emily Rudolph and Caitlin Perry on the wings to make some useful runs.
However, it was the ‘player of the match’ Aimee Keast who really showed her worth by scoring two superb goals. The second being a textbook style strike which saw her, under pressure, rifle the ball home with real power.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Post match the youngsters – and the three ‘evergreen’ team members, were thrilled at the result!