Keast makes demands of his defence
Sandford FC 1, Colaton Raleigh FC 1
Ben Farrington scored from the penalty spot in the first half, to secure Colaton Raleigh an excellent hard earned point at in form Sandford.
But that was the only goal and the second half was a closely-contested affair. Sandford equalised with a fierce shot from 25 yards, and then were awarded a hotly disputed penalty decision. Darren Bennett and his opposite number collided in the box, and although neither man went down, the referee gave the penalty to Sandford, and a red card to Bennett.
The resulting spot kick was blazed over the bar, so perhaps justice was done, and match honours ended even. Final score 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
Colaton Raleigh keeper Liam Keast, is demanding a solid performance from his defence, this Saturday, and a first clean sheet of the season, when Raleigh host Axminster 2nds in another tough Division 3 league fixture.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens