Kerridge and Bainbridge land divisonal success in Sidmouth seniors’ meeting
Sidmouth Seniors had their end of season competition followed by dinner and prize giving, writes Chris Grubb.
Sixty golfers took part in the competition which was a Medford format with full handicap allowances.
The Medford is played as a medal for the first nine holes followed by stableford points scoring for the final nine, with the stableford points deducted from the first nine holes medal score. This was played in two divisions (0-17 handicaps) and (18-28 handicaps).
Division One was won by Trevor Kerridge and Division Two was won by John Bainbridge.
The evening dinner was a success with seniors captain Nigel Sharp reporting on his year at the helm and thanking everyone for their support as well as presenting the Charity Bowl to Les Pratt.
You may also want to watch:
Special guests for the evening were Peter Standen the golf course manager and his team of green staff, to recognise the hard work that has been put in to maintain the good condition of the course.
A cheque was presented to the club captain David Pepperell for £805 which included £400 raised during the seniors charity stableford and putting competition, played earlier this year and won by Les Pratt.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
The seniors section has raised £1505 during the year for the club captain’s charity ‘The Seve Ballesteros Fund’ and a defibrillator for the club.