King at the double as Sidmouth Town Under-15s put Colyton to the sword
Sidmouth 6, Colyton 0 Sidmouth Town Under-15s were comfortable winners in this East Devon Youth League meeting, writes Jo Newbery.
Town began well, created a number of early chances and then took the lead with a Freddie King goal.
Colyton responded well and were close to an instant reply before an Al Forsyth free-kick sailed into the top corner to double the home lead.
Jack Harwood raced through to make it 3-0 with a crisp left foot strike.
Just before the break Joe Buckland got on the end of a Ben Miller corner to send Town into the break four goals to the good.
You may also want to watch:
Colyton had a couple of chances at the start of the second half, one was superbly saved by Town glovesman Henry Bartlett. At the other end of the pitch King netted his second to make it five and then King was hauled down in the area and up stepped Jack West to complete the scoring.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients