King at the double as Sidmouth Town Under-15s put Colyton to the sword
Sidmouth 6, Colyton 0 Sidmouth Town Under-15s were comfortable winners in this East Devon Youth League meeting, writes Jo Newbery.
Town began well, created a number of early chances and then took the lead with a Freddie King goal.
Colyton responded well and were close to an instant reply before an Al Forsyth free-kick sailed into the top corner to double the home lead.
Jack Harwood raced through to make it 3-0 with a crisp left foot strike.
Just before the break Joe Buckland got on the end of a Ben Miller corner to send Town into the break four goals to the good.
You may also want to watch:
Colyton had a couple of chances at the start of the second half, one was superbly saved by Town glovesman Henry Bartlett. At the other end of the pitch King netted his second to make it five and then King was hauled down in the area and up stepped Jack West to complete the scoring.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout