King double as Sidmouth Under-14s land another clean sheet success
- Credit: Archant
Newton Abbot 0, Sidmouth 3 Sidmouth Under-14s continued their fine run of form with another clean sheet success, this time at Newton Abbot 66 who they also put out of the County Cup semi-finals.
Having travelled with a bare eleven, Sidmouth were good value for the victory as they were clearly the stronger of the two outfits from first whistle to last.
After asking all the questions, Sidmouth finally got the goal their endeavour deserved when Johnny Dunn pounced on a rare slip from the home keeper to tuck the ball away.
Good work from Joe Miller forced another goal keeping error and this time Freddie King was on hand to score.
At the other end of the pitch Sidmouth keeper Will Down had very little to do and half-time arrived with those two goals separating the teams.
You may also want to watch:
The flow of the game as very similar after the break with Sidmouth dominating, but not being able to find a finish to match the approach play!
It was Freddie King who did finally net to make it 3-0.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
The home team finished strongly, but got little change out of impressive defenders Jamie Newbery, Jonny Surtees, Al Forsyth and Fin Marks.
When the back line was breached, Down made a number of smart saves to deservedly troop off with another clean sheet to his name.