King’s run sets up Vikings Under-14 County Cup success
Sidmouth Town 3 Bideford Youth 0 Sidmouth Town Under-14s made progress in the Devon County Cup with success over the North Devon Youth League visitors.
In dreadful weather conditions the hosts started brightly with Jack DeWinton and Ed Doble at the heart of much of the play.
The opening goal arrived from a free-kick awarded after Freddie King’s mazy run was ended with a foul. Tyler Wellman rifled the set-piece into the bottom right hand corner of net.
The lead was doubled soon after when a Doble shot was parried into the path of Jamie Newbery who made no mistake.
Bideford rallied, but got little change out of the Town back four of Newbery, Fin Marks, Jonny Surtees, and Al Forsyth who made sure that keeper Will Down was under employed!
You may also want to watch:
After the break Town continued to dominate and it was 3-0 when Ben Miller coolly rounded the keeper and slotted home.
In the next round Sidmouth visit Plymstock United on Sunday, October 14.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98