Knight rules supreme in Sidmouth Charles Stanley Stableford
- Credit: Archant
The scoring in this week’s Monday’s Charles Stanley Stableford was particularly impressive, writes John Barnard.
Leading the way was Mike Knight with an excellent 43 points. Playing off a handicap of 10, he had six pars and six birdies and he didn’t score on the first!. His back nine holes were level gross and his handicap has been reduced by two shots to eight.
In second place and continuing his good form was Jonathan ‘the knife’ Lee with 41 points, often enough to win outright.
He had a reasonably consistent round with many pars and four birdies, but a double bogie on the eighth holes cost him, but he is now back playing off a handicap of three for a while.
A new name to the leader board was Adam Nichols. He shot 39 points made by a low back nine including birdying the tenth and his handicap has been reduced to 26.
You may also want to watch:
He won third on countback from Moray Bosence (in excellent form now) and David Bater as they both also scored 39 points.
In the birdie count, John Jones lead has been ‘pegged back’ to nine by Jonathan lee following his good round.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
In the Eclectic, Mike Knight, is now leading with Jonathan lee and the long time leader John Jones is one shot back.