Knowles knock sees Sidmouth Under-13 to comfortable cup win.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-13s emerged victorious from their meeting with Ottery St Mary in the Devon Cup.
Sidmouth won the toss and decided to bowl and they were quickly rewarded as wickets fell early on.
Lily Goodier (two wickets for eight runs from four overs), and Ben Johnson (two for six from three), were the principle wicket takers.
Thomas Simmons also picked up a wicket and there were additional good spells from Harry Ensall, Oliver Pugsley and Jordan Fowler, the three sending down nine overs between them for a miserly 16 runs to help build pressure on the Otters batsmen.
Twice Jordan Fowler effected run-outs and there was a run-out also by Andrew Donavan. Byron Knowles took affine catch as Ottery closed on 62-8 from 20 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Jash Patidar and Louis Morison launched the Sidmouth reply with Patidar trapped leg before for two. Byron Knowles hit 33 before retiring with his wicket intact, helped see the score to 64-1.
Louis Morrison (25no) and Jordan Fowler (1no) then saw Sidmouth home with six over still to be bowled.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
Sidmouth now entertain Thorverton in the next round of the competition.