Ladies’ county bowls success
AT the club friendly, weather was still having an effect when the game against Belmont was abandoned at the tea interval because of rain, writes Peter Bebb.
In other friendlies, Chudleigh visited to play on four rinks, the result being a win for Ottery scoring 82-70.
Budleigh Salterton were the next visitors to play six rinks of triples, and they won 101-68.
Ottery travelled to Lyme Regis - both won on three rinks and lost on three, the result being Ottery 113, Lyme Regis 107.
In other matches the men’s Over-60s saw Ottery B team beat Chagford 40-34 and in another Over-60s Ottery A had a very successful afternoon beating Honiton B 54-18.
You may also want to watch:
In a County Trophy match against Feniton playing two rinks at Ottery and two rinks at Feniton, Ottery won 81-79
In the Foxlands Competition against Seaton playing one rink at home and one rink away, Ottery lost by one 35-36.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
In a ladies’ Over-50s match, Ottery Ladies travelled to Budleigh Salterton, having a very close game Ottery lost 28-30. In an Over- 55s’ Ladies’ Pairs County Competition Terri Ward and Mollie Parker had a good win over a pair from Seaton 28-7.