Ladies’ county bowls success
AT the club friendly, weather was still having an effect when the game against Belmont was abandoned at the tea interval because of rain, writes Peter Bebb.
In other friendlies, Chudleigh visited to play on four rinks, the result being a win for Ottery scoring 82-70.
Budleigh Salterton were the next visitors to play six rinks of triples, and they won 101-68.
Ottery travelled to Lyme Regis - both won on three rinks and lost on three, the result being Ottery 113, Lyme Regis 107.
In other matches the men’s Over-60s saw Ottery B team beat Chagford 40-34 and in another Over-60s Ottery A had a very successful afternoon beating Honiton B 54-18.
You may also want to watch:
In a County Trophy match against Feniton playing two rinks at Ottery and two rinks at Feniton, Ottery won 81-79
In the Foxlands Competition against Seaton playing one rink at home and one rink away, Ottery lost by one 35-36.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
In a ladies’ Over-50s match, Ottery Ladies travelled to Budleigh Salterton, having a very close game Ottery lost 28-30. In an Over- 55s’ Ladies’ Pairs County Competition Terri Ward and Mollie Parker had a good win over a pair from Seaton 28-7.