Ladies’ fun competition joy for Annie Carter
- Credit: Archant
Last week’s midweek ladies’ meeting saw the playing of a ‘fun competition’, under the format of a joker stableford, writes Maria Clapp.
This is when the ladies play a usual stableford format, but have to choose a joker hole in the first nine holes and again in the second nine.
They then double their score for that hole! Some of the ladies chose wisely and others not so lucky! Indeed, the lady I went out with, and we shall not mention any names, was going to chose the fourth, but then changed her mind – and she was certainly left to reflect that perhaps she should not have! The reason? She could have gained eight points instead of four!
At the end of play the winner was Annie Carter with 42 points.
It was close for the minor places with countback required and it left Susan Hackett taking second place and Mo Borer, third, with both players having scored 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
Two ladies achieved a two and, therefore, will share the pot of winnings.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way