Ladies have much to mull over at Christmas
Caradon 5, Sidmouth HC Ladies’ 1st XI 1
sidmouth travelled to Liskeard to play Caradon, always a hotly contested meeting and the Sidmouth ladies were looking forward to the clash, writes Vicki Russell.
Sidmouth started well, breaking down any caradon attack in midfield and connecting with each other well on the counter attack. Unfortunately none of these strong short-game plays resulted in a goal.
Caradon, on the other hand, made a lively break that the Sidmouth defence were unable to contain and an excellent strike put them a goal ahead. This first goal seemed to give Caradon a boost and the momentum started to swing in their favour. Some first class strikes from their strong and experienced attack resulted in two further goals before the break, despite some committed and passionate defending from Chloe Munn and Lee Pidgeon.
In the second half Caroline Bickerstaff's persistence paid off as she battled her way through several Caradon defenders and laid the ball off to ace striker Taryn Beauthin who duly put it away.
You may also want to watch:
Despite some awesome saves by keeper Hayley Delasalle, excellent tackling by Jess Allen and supreme marking by Sarah Cloke in the middle, Caradon managed to sneak a further two goals making the final result 5-1 to the home side.
Sidmouth have plenty to work on over the Christmas break.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
& will be looking to build on their current fifth place league position throughout the second half of the season.