Ladies’ over-50s in fine form
Sidmouth Over-50’s League played against Exonia at Sidmouth with Sidmouth winning on both rinks.
Pat Ashton-Pritchard, Zena Johnson and skip Valerie Newnham scored 17 against Exonia’s 14. Elaine Reed, Phil Nobbs and Jill Bishop scored 26 to Exonia’s 13. Overall scores were Sidmouth 43 to Exonia 27.
The next match in the over-50s league was also won overall by Sidmouth at home against Shaldon 46 to 31. The winning teams were Jean Brimson, Paddy Wrench and Eileen Hewett scoring 20 to Shaldons 15, Mary Smith, Jane Painter and Jill Bishop scored 26 against 16 for Shaldon. Congratulations to both teams.
Sidmouth over-50s league team played at Crediton winning one rink and losing one but Crediton were the overall winners. The winning rink for Sidmouth was Pat Pritchard, Valerie Newnham and skip Jill Bishop scoring 23-16. The Sidmouth ladies are faring very well in this league, so keep up the good work.
A friendly match against Phear Park took place at Sidmouth with Sidmouth winning one rink and losing one. The winning team was Betty Farmer, Anita Mason and skip Margaret King winning 20-10. Sidmouth won overall by 34 to 27. Well done.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth also had a friendly match against Shaldon at Sidmouth. Sidmouth won one match but lost two with Shaldon being the overall winners scoring 56-46. The winning team for Sidmouth was Doreen Pound, Margaret King and skip Valerie Newnham. Well done ladies.
A touring team from West Surrey came to play Sidmouth, who won one lost one and drew one but won overall 59-45. The winning rink for Sidmouth was Betty Farmer, Mary Smith, Phil Nobbs and skip Jane Painter, winning 26-10.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
The club competitions have all reached the semi-final stage, with the weather being in our favour, none having to be postponed. The finals will take place on Saturday and Sunday, September 1 and 2.