Ladram Bay beaten by Sidmouth in excllent match of quaity bowling.
Sidmouth Men played a friendly at Bradninch last week and slipped to a narrow defeat, writes Ron Cook.
Both sides won on two of the rinks played with the home side landing a 66-57 victory.
The Sidmouth winning rinks were, Christine Wells, Dennis Moore, Ron Denning and skip Bill Turner, 17-14 whilst Mike Borst skipped, Trevor Wells, Christa Turner and Bert Hague to an 18-13 win.
On Saturday Sidmouth entertained four mixed rinks from Ladram Bay Residents Association for the first time and again the rinks were shared.
However, due to some superb power play on the winning rinks Sidmouth ran out 108-62 winners.
You may also want to watch:
The best performing Sidmouth rink was that of Trevor Wells, Paddy Chew, Jane Painter and skip Derek Limpus, who powered to a massive 41-15 success. There was an equally impressive score from Ken Bridgman, Christa Turner, Bert Hague and skip Jill Bishop, who won 34-4.
The Ladram players were kind enough to provide prizes for the best rink from each team and presented by their Captain Stuart Butler.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences