Ladram Bay beaten by Sidmouth in excllent match of quaity bowling.
Sidmouth Men played a friendly at Bradninch last week and slipped to a narrow defeat, writes Ron Cook.
Both sides won on two of the rinks played with the home side landing a 66-57 victory.
The Sidmouth winning rinks were, Christine Wells, Dennis Moore, Ron Denning and skip Bill Turner, 17-14 whilst Mike Borst skipped, Trevor Wells, Christa Turner and Bert Hague to an 18-13 win.
On Saturday Sidmouth entertained four mixed rinks from Ladram Bay Residents Association for the first time and again the rinks were shared.
However, due to some superb power play on the winning rinks Sidmouth ran out 108-62 winners.
You may also want to watch:
The best performing Sidmouth rink was that of Trevor Wells, Paddy Chew, Jane Painter and skip Derek Limpus, who powered to a massive 41-15 success. There was an equally impressive score from Ken Bridgman, Christa Turner, Bert Hague and skip Jill Bishop, who won 34-4.
The Ladram players were kind enough to provide prizes for the best rink from each team and presented by their Captain Stuart Butler.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council