Lamberts Castle eventers head for nationals
Lamberts Castle riding club team riders had a very successful day at Bicton, competing at the Riding Club area 12 horse trials,writes Fiona Benger.
The club won four out of the five team events and qualified four teams for the National Championships.
Both the junior, novice and junior intermediate teams won the team events and Sophie Benger won as an individual in both classes.
The junior novice team consisted of: Rosanna Hendley, Rosie Wharton, Mollie Hansford and Sophie Benger. Hendley on Chilli Pepper came third individually and Benger, riding Mr Monty, won after a re- calculation of the scores, deducting the time penalties which she had been wrongly given, finished on her dressage score of 32.3. Benger also won the junior intermediate class riding Humphrey just adding 0.4 time penalty to her very good dressage score of 27.9. The team members were Kate Sopwith and Layla Felgate, Sopwith came eighth and Felgate third individually.
The senior intermediate teams came first and second in the team event and the open team won. The wining intermediate team members were: Steph Bere, Olivia Benger, Emily Gawler and Tim Rogers, Individually Steph third, Emily fifth and Tim ninth. The second team: Billie Ann Warren, Kate Jupp, Tim Rogers and Pam Ewell, Billie Ann came eighth individually. The open team: Kate Jupp, Olivia Benger, Tim Rogers and Billie Ann Warren. Individually Jupp came third, Rogers fifth and Warren sixth
You may also want to watch:
The teams will compete at the Riding Club National Championships held at Aston le Walls, Northants.
The junior team championship will run as a one-day event on August 3 and the two senior teams will compete in a three-day event August 3-5 . Lamberts Castle riding club wish the team members good luck at the event.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
Also held at Bicton on the July 1 was an 80cm open class which Lamberts Castle members did well in: Zoey Ellis riding Spike came fifth and Tim Rogers 10th in Section A. Georgina Ewell, Wight Orchid third and Henrietta Ewell on Pickles were fifth in Section B.