Lascelles nets five as Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s score eight
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s defeated Moors Cobras 8-3 when the pair met to contest Exeter and District Youth League points.
Some of the Raiders play was outstanding and gave another good turn out of support plenty to cheer about!
Mind you, Raiders had to come from behind before being able to enjoy the sweet taste of success for, despite making a bright start it was they who conceded first.
Parity was swiftly restored when Frank Long applied a clinical finish to a sweet passing move.
This triggered a period of stunning attacking play with Zac Lascelles and Frank Long linking up to great affect.
You may also want to watch:
It was Reuben Bennett who provided the assist for the impressive Zac Lascelles to fire Raiders into a 2-1 lead.
Another slick passing move ended with Lascelles reaping the benefit and the youngster complete his hat-trick to before a second Frank Long goal made it 5-1.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Wing wizard Freddie Dorman worked his magic out wide before crossing for Lascelles to net his fourth.
The last two Raiders goals were scored by Long and Lascelles which meant another hat-trick for Long and no fewer than five goals for Lascelles.
There is little doubt that, based on the all-round team performance, this young Sidmouth side are now reaping the benefits of the hard work that has been put into midweek training sessions.