Late arrivals boost Town Under-13s at Tiverton
Moors Youth 9, Sidmouth Raiders 3 Raiders Under-13s were minus a number of players for the start of the game owing to a mix up with travel directions!
As a result the team fell six goals behind inside the opening 20 minutes! Once the full compliment were present the Raiders began to find their feet in the contest and pulled a goal back when Scott Hughes struck.
However, the Tiverton side added a seventh to go into the break with a commanding lead.
After the break Drew Birkhead was tasked with the job of marking the home side’s play-maker and he did a terrific job.
As a result the Raiders began to enjoy more possession and Hughes quickly notched his second before new signing Oliver Turton lobbed the keeper from 25-yards to make it 7-3.
You may also want to watch:
Moors finished strongly and added two more, but the Raiders returned home knowing that, taking away the opening 20 minutes, they had made a good home side work hard for the remainder of the contest.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead