Laurie Quinn pinches the spoils from birthday boy Moray Bosence
Laurie Quinn pinched the spoils from birthday boy Moray Bosence in the latest round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford, writes Chris Roberts
Laurie carded an excellent score of 42 points securing the victory and seeing his handicap cut by two shots.
Birthday boy Moray carded 41 points and was leading in clubhouse when he left for home.
Moray’s round included two two’s and a level par back nine.
The third spot went to the manager Jonathan Lee, who edged out Peter (Paul Renken) after both players scored 38 points and countback was called into play.
You may also want to watch:
The manager’s round included no fewer than seven birdies with four on the back nine helping him secure the countback result.
James Spiller is now 12 points clear in the Friday League over John Jones and with the manager picking up good points again is a further four points back in third.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients