Lawler knock sees Ottery Under-13s to thrilling win
- Credit: Archant
A busy week for the Ottery Under-13 team began with another nail-biting victory.
They extended their 100 per cent winning start to the season with a four wicket win against Tiverton Heathcoat to kick-off their Bradleys East Devon Youth League campaign
The visitors were weakened by the absence of district and county players Ben Fitzherbert and Harry Pryce, but still managed a respectable total of 91-6 in their 20 overs.
Nearly half of that total came from extras, but there was also some excellent fielding - the highlight was an excellent diving catch by Ollie Olliff.
Ollie also took an excellent wicket and was involved in a timely run-out. There were two more run-outs and the other wickets went to James Tyler and Max Mayor.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Ottery found themselves a little bogged down in the early stages.
After six overs, they only had 12 runs on the board.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
However, they held their nerve and an extremely valuable 20 from Ben Lawler put the home side back in control, and it was left to some intelligent batting by Matt Jeacock (14 not out) to see them home in the 18th over.