Lawrence stars as Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s draw with Central Devils
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Warriors Under-9s shared the spoils with Exeter side Central Devils when the teams drew 1-1 in an Exeter and District Youth League game.
A superb run and shot from Ethan Isaac flew marginally wide of the target before Lucas O’Connor soon set up Alistair Mounoury to drill the ball home and open the scoring.
Oscar Finch, who made a number of strong runs from midfield, was denied by a splendid save from the Devils glovesman.
The Exeter side hit back, but got little change out of some terrific defending by Lawrence who won every ball that came his way.
However, the Devils pressure continued and they eventually scored a deserved equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
In an end-to-end contest, Warriors created chances, but could not find a second, but then neither could Devils find a way past the excellent Jamie White in the Warriors’ goals.
Lawrence took the Warriors Man of the Match award for his splendid defending.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box