Lee does well in Sidmouth colours at Cardiff Half Marathon
Last Sunday, three of Sidmouth Running Clubs members took on very different challenges, writes Sarah Brown.
Last Sunday, three of Sidmouth Running Clubs members took on very different challenges, writes Sarah Brown. Abbi Lee travelled to Cardiff to compete as one of 19,000 runners in the Cardiff half marathon. Cardiff is a flat course, and the support is never ending due to the sheer size of it.
Lee completed the course in 1:47, this despite crying over parts of the course because the atmosphere was so special!
However, she finished strong and smiling, and found the whole experience to be challenging but very enjoyable. Her next challenge is the Great West Run this weekend.
Sarah Brown completed the Commando Challenge on Sunday, a 10k obstacle run to raise money for the Devon Air Ambulance Fund. Luckily the weather was perfect on Sunday, and after a 3km run from Bicton Arena to Woodbury Common, participants crawled through mud, submerged themselves in rivers, and made their way through small tunnels, before very slowly making their way back to the start line. It comes in quite easily as Sarah’s slowest 10k ever, but it was not a race - just a completely different experience. The mud took a long time to wash off, and the bruises may stay for a while, but it is an experience that is well worth having.
You may also want to watch:
Jo EarIam finished her 12th Marathon of the year in 4:22 at Bournemouth, so spot on 10 minute miling. That was her fastest this year so she was pretty pleased with both her time and 1,059th place out of 3,001 finishers - not too bad for a slow oldie.
It was well organised, a good scenic course and brilliant spectator support en route. Lucky Number 13 is the Palm Marathon in two week’s time!
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'