Lee impresses at Torbay Velopark
Charterbank Potburys cycling team has achieved its first podium finish of the season, writes Chris Eccles.
Junior rider Toby Lee finished in third place in a senior race at the 12.5 km Torbay Velopark.
In a fast and furious 24km race around the tight and technical circuit, Toby remained patient and came third in strong bunch sprint finish, earning seven British Cycling points.
On Sunday, three other team members took part in the Pittards Trophy road race at Somerton.
This was a 60-mile open road race over a hilly route.
You may also want to watch:
Of the 80 starters, about 25 riders managed to hang in with the fast pace including Sean Falkner who could not quite match Lee`s finishing position.
Adrian Clode and Tim Hammond also rode the event.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 7 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Sidmouth’s newly formed team’s next races will be on the Thruxton and Ilton circuits.