Lee impresses at Torbay Velopark
Charterbank Potburys cycling team has achieved its first podium finish of the season, writes Chris Eccles.
Junior rider Toby Lee finished in third place in a senior race at the 12.5 km Torbay Velopark.
In a fast and furious 24km race around the tight and technical circuit, Toby remained patient and came third in strong bunch sprint finish, earning seven British Cycling points.
On Sunday, three other team members took part in the Pittards Trophy road race at Somerton.
This was a 60-mile open road race over a hilly route.
You may also want to watch:
Of the 80 starters, about 25 riders managed to hang in with the fast pace including Sean Falkner who could not quite match Lee`s finishing position.
Adrian Clode and Tim Hammond also rode the event.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Sidmouth’s newly formed team’s next races will be on the Thruxton and Ilton circuits.