Lefevre plays part as SOHC V make their point
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery HC Men’s fifth team secured their fourth point of the season with a resilient performance at home to Taunton Vale.
Playing at Ottery St Mary, the visitors took an early lead and extended it with a second goal within the first 15 minutes.
But the home side did not let their heads drop and started to put together some good passing moves.
As they started to gain a foothold, youngster Callum Lefevre grabbed a goal back with a very composed strike.
The team continued to build up momentum and Andrew Coley levelled the scores when he connected with a strong pass from Steve Ellison.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, Taunton Vale retook the lead soon after and maintained it until the interval.
Following a positive half time team talk, the team continued to play some good hockey, with each player making a contribution to the display.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Lefevre was involved in the equaliser, with a good run down the right, from where he passed to Coley who, with his back to goal, struck the ball on the reverse stick to level the scores once more.
Despite the home side’s best efforts, they could not find a winning goal but could reflect on a good team performance.
The side will be taking on Chard on Saturday, at 2pm, on the pitch in Ottery St Mary.