Legg lands monthly medal win at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, Harrison Lavers and Potbury sponsored the monthly medal at Sidmouth Golf Club, writes John Barnard.
In good playing conditions, the scoring wasn’t as high as in previous weeks but the course is getting quicker again and players need to be precise with their shots into the green, to give themselves the chance to score well.
In Division One, Kevin Legg won on countback with a net 66. Six pars to finish meant he was led on countback, from Paddy Tallon in second and Dave Cowler in third place as they also scored 66. A double bogie and a bogie in the last three holes for both Paddy and David cost them both the medal.
Terry Jones didn’t win the competition, but after a slow round, he eagled the 13th hole with a three and then on the par three 14th, he hit a hole in one. Eagles are rare birds indeed and two get two in two holes is a feat very few achieve and his hole in one wins him a nice Hugo Boss watch, part of a national promotion.
In Division Two, John Welch continued his good run of form with a nett 64, birdying the 18th hole to seal his victory and a handicap reduction to 10.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Jim Shearer with a net 65 and in third was Pat McCormack with the same score
In Division Three, John Nicolle came out on top with a net 70, winning on countback from Vernon Ruffle who had a run of double bogies on the back nine to cost him the medal. In third was Sam Searle.
- 1 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 2 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 8 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
The ‘Cock of the Green’ is becoming clearer now and Kevin Legg has a significant eight shot lead from Paddy Tallon in the net scoring. In the gross table, Kevin is even further ahead, ten shots from Mark Thomas which shows what a good year Kevin is having.