Lewis back for Sidmouth as Bess takes side to Paignton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth are in action at Paignton this afternoon looking to continue their climb up the Tolchards Devon League Premier Division table, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Sidmouth go into the game – the first of the second half of the league camapiagn – sitting fourth, 31 points shy of leaders Bovey Tracey.
Skipper Luke Bess isn’t getting carried away by his side’s dramatic rise up the table.
The side that lost two of its first three games has won four of the last five to reach half way fourth in the table.
Bess says: “We are only halfway through the season and with such a long way to go you can’t say how it is going to end,” said Bess, who led Sidmouth to the title last season.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is beating everyone this season, which will make it a close contest whoever wins it.
“Whoever wins the league, they will lose three or four games, it is that sort of division this year.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
“The second half of the season looks like it could be exciting at both ends of the table - all to play for!”
Liam Lewis returns to open the Sidmouth batting this week having missed the win over Plymouth.
Luke Bess is at a wedding – brother Zak will captain the side – and with Dec Lines absent there will have to be at least one more change.
George Yates is back in the Paignton attack and all-rounder Chris Kelmere returns after injur.
The Fortfield action today is between Sidmouth 2nd XI and Cornwood II with play gettting underway at 1.30pm.