Locke closed it out
Sidmouth U16 39, Exmouth 15
Sidmouth completed the league double over Exmouth thanks to a sparkling first 20 minutes when they executed their game plan and scored three fantastic tries by moving the ball quickly to the wide channels where they gave Exmouth problems throughout the game.
Charlie Cotton, Jack Faulkner and George Toomey each ran in scores and Sidmouth cruised into a 19 point lead.
Crucially they then lost a scrum against the head which turned the game in favour of the Exmouth forwards who had the character and determination to dominate possession and control the game.
Sidmouth will find that seemingly minor events can swing momentum and it takes teamwork and a huge effort to wrestle it back.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth scored a forwards try but let Sidmouth, through George Locke, strike back to make it 26 - 5 at half time.
Through the second, Sidmouth threatened everytime they got decent ball and moved it wide, but Exmouth battled well to prevent this and scored two more uncovered tries while Cotton knocked-over two penalties and Locke was able to close-out the win with a sneaky try under the posts.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
?This weekend the U16s travel to Barnstaple, but will be without the inspirational Connor Gilby who has South West Regional trials for which we hope the nasty injury is not as bad as it looked and we wish him the very best of luck.