Locke closed it out
Sidmouth U16 39, Exmouth 15
Sidmouth completed the league double over Exmouth thanks to a sparkling first 20 minutes when they executed their game plan and scored three fantastic tries by moving the ball quickly to the wide channels where they gave Exmouth problems throughout the game.
Charlie Cotton, Jack Faulkner and George Toomey each ran in scores and Sidmouth cruised into a 19 point lead.
Crucially they then lost a scrum against the head which turned the game in favour of the Exmouth forwards who had the character and determination to dominate possession and control the game.
Sidmouth will find that seemingly minor events can swing momentum and it takes teamwork and a huge effort to wrestle it back.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth scored a forwards try but let Sidmouth, through George Locke, strike back to make it 26 - 5 at half time.
Through the second, Sidmouth threatened everytime they got decent ball and moved it wide, but Exmouth battled well to prevent this and scored two more uncovered tries while Cotton knocked-over two penalties and Locke was able to close-out the win with a sneaky try under the posts.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
?This weekend the U16s travel to Barnstaple, but will be without the inspirational Connor Gilby who has South West Regional trials for which we hope the nasty injury is not as bad as it looked and we wish him the very best of luck.