Lombard Trophy joy for Davis at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Lombard trophy was contested at Sidmouth at the weekend, writes John Barnard.
The winner gets to play with the Club professional in a county qualifier and could end up at Gleneagles competing for a national prize.
The scoring was much improved on Saturday, compared to previous weeks. The format was a medal round and the happy winner was Mike Davis who shot an excellent round of 61 and achieve a handicap reduction of three shots to 20. A birdie on the second and some pars were enough to see him home.
In second place was Will Hastie with 62. He had a few lucky breaks including holing from the bunker on the 14th after leaving his first attempt in the sand and also being a little erratic off the tee. However, four birdies meant a reduction in his handicap to five.
In third place was Mike’s playing partner Phil Spencer who scored 63 which meant a two shot reduction to 13. Phil had a great back nine with a number of pars and birdied the 13th.
You may also want to watch:
Shot of the day probably went to club captain John Barnard who holed out from 124 yards for a two on the par four ninth.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 8 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections