Long and O’Connor net in Raiders defeat
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s were involved in a classic ‘game of two halves’ as they went down 6-2 on their visit to Seaton for an Exeter and District Youth League game.
Seaton, playing with the advantage of the slope in the first half, used it well and attacked with pace. Raiders countered with some good attacking play, but found the home back line well organised and particularly adept at setting offside traps!
The first half drew to a close with Seaton holding a 5-0 lead.
Words were said at the break and Raiders were a different proposition throughout the second half!
Some determined play by Josh O ‘Connor saw him keep the ball in play and his deep cross found Frank Long who applied a neat finish to make it 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
Seaton added a sixth, albeit against the run of play, but the action was soon back in the home area and it was no more than Raiders deserved when O’Connor scored the sides second. Indeed, but for the excellence of the home goalkeeper Raiders would have scored a number of other goals!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town