Lowe try is consolation for Sidmouth Under-14s in Barum defeat
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth 7 Barnstaple 48 Sidmouth Under-14s welcomed Barum to a rain-sodden Sidford, writes Chris Woodruff.
Both teams had not seen action mid-December, and were eager to resume playing!
The visitors dominated the first half as a rusty home side gave them far too much space to exploit.
With speed and size a series of tries quickly followed as Barum eased their way to a comfortable 34-0 lead at the break.
A half-time char from coaches Harris and Mead had the desired effect as Sidmouth started the second period with far greater tempo and purpose and their renewed endeavour was rewarded with a try and conversion from Lowe in which an impressive Skelding played a key role.
You may also want to watch:
A period of balanced play followed with Sidmouth moving well and pressing up on the Barum line, matching larger players blow for blow!
Unfortunately, injury enforced changes were a blow to the Sidmouth cause and this created gaps which the visitors exploited to the full and it was they who finished strongly to seal victory.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The second half performance suggests this could have been a much closer game but for a more positive start from Sidmouth.