Lucas is spot on as SOHC go down at Taunton
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s third XI were beaten 9-0 by Minehead, though the score does not reflect the contribution that the SOHC eleven made to the contest. In the second half they gave as good as they got for long periods.
What did not help the SOHC cause was that fact that while they were short of four regulars, Minehead had no fewer than four 1st XI players in their team!
Despite everything seeming to be against them SOHC played some fine hockey in the second half and deserved, at the very least, a goal or two for their efforts.
The men’s fifth team went down 5-1 at Taunton Civil Service who have not dropped a point at home this season.
Richard Lucas slotted the penalty flick that got the side on the score sheet.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the defeat, there were a number of positives for skipper Steve Ellison to take from the contest and the continued development of the younger players suggests that the future is bright for the club.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support