Lucas nets four in high-scoring SOHC men’s 4th XI game
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club men’s 4th XI went down 9-4 in their meeting with an in-form Mid Somerset team.
What was a weakened home side shipped seven of the goals in the first 20 minutes of the contest!
A change of shape seemed to stop the rot and SOHC also got the game's eighth and final goal with Rich Lucas the scorer.
A half-time chat helped and the second half saw more cohesive play from the home side and, after conceding an eighth, SOHC got a second of their own with Lucas again the scorer.
The seven goal margin was swiftly restored, but SOHC kept battling way and Lucas found the net twice more to round off the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Forgetting the first half display, what SOHC produced after the break was as good as anything they have produced for many moons!
Special mentions must be made of the contributions of Matt Jeacock, who starred in midfield, and Riordan Ashdown, who showed great calmness and composure in attack.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend