Luff new coach at Sidmouth RFC
Sidmouth Rugby Club have appointed Jason Luff as new Head Coach.
Jason has extensive experience of coaching representative teams, including the Devon Senior XV for the past two seasons. As a player, he spent four seasons with Exeter Chiefs and one with Cornish All Blacks. He joins Sidmouth from Taunton, where he has been a player/coach.
There will be a meeting for coaches, coordinators and team managers at all levels, plus senior and Colts captains on Monday, June 25 at 7pm in the clubhouse.
It will be an opportunity for them to meet Jason, who will outline his coaching philosophy and plans to develop a common coaching policy and continuity right through the age groups to the senior sides.
The 1st XV’s new management sees Graham Bess head up a group including Bob Smith and Colin Nice.
You may also want to watch:
The new 1st XV captain is Alan Hubbleday. Alan is the RFU South West Coach Development Officer and a former England U21 and Students player. He has also played National League rugby in the Midlands. He joined Sidmouth two years ago, but missed the whole of last season due to injury.
The 2nd team captain is Stuart Bickerstaff and the 3rd team will be led by Will Holland. Preparations for the new season start on Tuesday, June 26, with a players meeting in the new pavilion at Sidford at 7pm followed by the first training session. All senior players and Colts are invited to attend. New players welcome.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Directions to the Sidford ground can be found on the club website.