Lye edged out Hills to land Orr Cup at a sizzling Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Wednesday saw Sidmouth stage the Orr Cup, writes Penny Ashby.
Fitting for a day that saw the sun sizzle throughout, there were some blistering scores returned!
Count back was called into play to separate Julie Lye and Jacquie Hills, both of whom scored 39 points, with Lye proclaimed the winner.
In third place on 35 points was Angela Coles.
Thirty-one ladies entered the competition, and the only two on the day was scored by Sheila Tallon.
You may also want to watch:
On other Sidmouth ladies action it’s congratulations to Penny Lyne and Marie Timms who went through to the semi-finals of the County Vets Knock-out competition, with a win against Teign Valley golf club at Saunton on Monday.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby