Lyne wins ladies’ Spring Medal with a difference at Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Last Saturday was the Ladies’ Spring Meeting, an important date in the Sidmouth calendar.
On this occasion, as the course was flooded the players were forced into the clubhouse for what proved to an absorbing and fun-filled putting competition devised by ladies’ captain Ros Eaton and enhanced by an ingenious system of wooden hoops designed by master craftsman David Roberts!
The winning team of ace putters comprised Julie Lye, Rosemary Walker and Viv Cotter.
On Wednesday the ladies were back on the course for the annual Rosalie Warren Macmillan trophy.
Penny Lyne was the winner this time, with 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Penny Ashby and Sheila Thomson finished second and third with 35 and 34 points respectively.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution