Maderia Bluebirds take top spot in Budleigh Bowls Coast Wealth Management Evening League
- Credit: Archant
Whilst there is still a lot to play for in the Budleigh Coast Wealth Management Evening League, the Maderia Bluebirds took a giant step to securing the title last week, writes David Roberts.
Bluebirds chalked up a fine 37-31 win against fellow contenders the Budleigh Falcons, and the six points they banked from the success sees them soar to the top of the league. With games in hand on the chasing teams, it was a very impressive performance against a talented Budleigh Falcons side and puts them in a really strong position.
In the only other match of the week, the Budleigh Buzzards took on the Exonia Eagles and against the odds won overall 37-34.
The best of the rinks for the Buzzards was that of Rod Freer, Peter Cooper and skip David Roberts, winning 26-14.
This game was very tight until the Buzzards struck with a seven shots end and took control in the final stages.
You may also want to watch:
There are still some big matches to be played in the league and so all is well poised for an exciting finish.
Coast Wealth Management Budleigh Evening League table
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
P RW RL T GW F A Pts
Bluebirds 7 10 4 0 5 237 190 30
Robins 9 9 9 0 5 311 277 28
Falcons 9 10 8 0 4 310 299 28
Eagles 7 8 6 0 4 249 224 24
Hawks 8 6 10 0 3 260 298 19
Buzzards 6 3 9 1 1 167 246 9
RW = rinks won; RL = rinks lost; T = tied; GW = games won