Magic from Murphy as Sidmouth Under-15s secure another title.
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town 2, Sidmouth 5 Sidmouth Under-15s won the East Devon Youth League after a five-star win at Mountbatten Park, Honiton.
Unlike the previous week’s outing for the team Sidmouth were clearly more focused!
They made a bright start and took the lead when Jack DeWinton sent Connor Murphy away and he finished with a good shot into the corner of the net.
Murphy soon made it two when he got on the end of another through ball this time from Joe Miller.
Murphy was a real threat every time he got the ball and was unlucky with a shot that cannoned back off the upright.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton got a goal back before the break, but normal service was resumed early in the second half with Sidmouth playing some excellent football with jack Harwood at the centre of many positive moves. Jack West’s enterprise saw him close the keeper down and it needed a desperate clearance to prevent another goal.
Shortly after the next goal did arrive when Murphy netted. Honiton battled back and only a fine save by Henry Bartlett denied them a second before Bartlett was beaten by a good strike to set up an interesting last 15 minutes with just a single goal between the sides.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
However, that weas as close as the home side were to get for Sidmouth stepped up the tempo and scored twice more through the impressive Murphy to make it five for him and wrap up another East Devon Youth League title, this one being won with nine wins from nine matches.