Marok stars as SOHC share spoils with visiting Dart
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) ladies 1st team were involved in quite a contest when they hosted Dart in a Petroc Division One game that ended 2-2.
SOHC were in fine form and arguably, played some of their most fluent hockey of the season to date. Their ball retention was exceptional and they bossed large periods of the match.
The SOHC goals came from Karen Dutton and a beautifully executed penalty flick from Ellie Marok.
Only a last gasp short corner goal denied SOHC what would have been three richly deserved points.
The opposition were certainly a physical team, but the home players coped with that very well.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie Morak was named the SOHC Player of the Match.
The point sees SOHC stay fourth in the table with 22 points from 11 matches. Table-topping Exe III have 31 points from 11 games and the two other teams sitting above SOHC are Isca IV (25 points from 11) and Dart (24 from 11).
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
This Saturday SOHC have a great chance to climb at least one place in the table when they entertain Isca IV. The teams meet at Ottery St Mary (12.30pm) where a home win would see SOHC climb above Isca by virtue of a better goal difference.