Mary King MBE and daughter net superb sponsorship deal
- Credit: Archant
Emily King and her mother Mary King MBE are celebrating a new sponsorship with Verdon Grey, the luxury outdoor furniture experts, writes Stephen Birley.
Salcombe Regis-based Mary has been part of the GB eventing team for the last six Olympics, winning two team silver medals and one team bronze medal. She hopes to make it seven Olympics at Rio in 2016 and there is every chance that it could be a King one-two with daughter Emily standing a very good chance of also being involved in South America.
The sponsorship deal was sealed as 18-year-old Emily and seven-year-old mare Miss Indigo jumped some of the Verdon Grey furniture!
Mary and Emily said: “We are delighted to welcome Verdon Grey as our sponsor. Miss Indigo’s certainly seemed to enjoy jumping their furniture and we are looking forward to relaxing on it this summer”.
Annalie King of Verdon Grey, who are based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, said: “Mary and Emily represent all that’s excellent about equestrianism in Britain, and we’re delighted to associate our quality outdoor furniture with two world class riders.”
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate the launch of the King/Verdon Grey sponsorship visitors to the Verdon Grey facebook page can be in with the chance to win a day with Mary and Emily King. For details and how to enter visit / search face book: Verdon Grey.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby