Mary King MBE and daughter net superb sponsorship deal
- Credit: Archant
Emily King and her mother Mary King MBE are celebrating a new sponsorship with Verdon Grey, the luxury outdoor furniture experts, writes Stephen Birley.
Salcombe Regis-based Mary has been part of the GB eventing team for the last six Olympics, winning two team silver medals and one team bronze medal. She hopes to make it seven Olympics at Rio in 2016 and there is every chance that it could be a King one-two with daughter Emily standing a very good chance of also being involved in South America.
The sponsorship deal was sealed as 18-year-old Emily and seven-year-old mare Miss Indigo jumped some of the Verdon Grey furniture!
Mary and Emily said: “We are delighted to welcome Verdon Grey as our sponsor. Miss Indigo’s certainly seemed to enjoy jumping their furniture and we are looking forward to relaxing on it this summer”.
Annalie King of Verdon Grey, who are based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, said: “Mary and Emily represent all that’s excellent about equestrianism in Britain, and we’re delighted to associate our quality outdoor furniture with two world class riders.”
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate the launch of the King/Verdon Grey sponsorship visitors to the Verdon Grey facebook page can be in with the chance to win a day with Mary and Emily King. For details and how to enter visit / search face book: Verdon Grey.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon