Mason and team so mighty as Sidmouth romp to Braunton success
Sidmouth played two friendlies last week starting with a the visit of Braunton, writes Ron Cook.
Sidmouth were triumphant on four of the six rinks and won the match 148-101 thanks, in the main, to a massive 42-11 victory for John Mason and his team.
lies last week beginning with a visit from
Braunton, North Devon. Sidmouth won 4 of the 6 rinks with a comfortable win by 148 to 101 shots thanks to a massive 42 11 result for John Mason and his team.
The successful Sidmouth rink scores were; Elaine Reed, Jean Green Derek Mountford and John Mason (42-11), Mary Price, Margaret Colman, David Ingyon and skip Chris Rourke (22-17), Ken Bridgman, Catherine Hunt, Bert Hague and skip Jill Bishop (25-16) and finally, Anita Mason, Jason Quinn, Josephine Harrison and skip Peter Mison (20-13).
You may also want to watch:
Our visitors on Friday were a touring side from Overbury in Tewkesbury, Worcestershire.
Sidmouth had four out of six winning rinks with Jean Brimson, Janice Quinn, Mike Daw and skip Bill Turner (31- 10), Christine Wells, Zena Johnson, Bert Hague and skip peter Mison (26-22), Rita Daw, Jean Mountford, Jim Wrench and skip Bob Daniels (19-12) and Trevor Wells, Doreen Pound, Derek Limpus and skip Mary Smith (20-15), the victors.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Sidmouth A continue to build up points in the over-60’s Triples League with another excellent win against Heavitree A who are currently second in the League.
The B squad had a cancelled match whilst the C Squad lost their game to a very strong side from Crediton.
Sidmouth had a superb win on all four rinks against Ottery St Mary in the County Trophy.
In the league table Madeira are current leaders and cannot be beaten but Sidmouth are now in third place on shot difference against Feniton who have completed all their games.
Sidmouth have one game yet to play to hopefully land the runners-up spot.