May Day point-to-point on offer at High Bickington
- Credit: Archant
Vauterhill near High Bickington is the location for the Bank Holiday Monday point-to-point meeting where the Stevenstone will stage their day, writes Donna Harris.
Seven races are on offer with a start time of 2pm. Ninety-nine entries have been received.
Lomas Helicopters sponsor the opening members race in which Katkolys could run well, previously second to Chosen Lucky at Upcott and an intermediate race winner last season.
The Hembury 4 x 4 - sponsored race could go the way of the Marie McGuiness-trained Emporer Renard, to follow up his recent Ston Eston win under Sean Houlihan.
Wades Funiture store sponsor the mixed open race in which Parkham Jack must go close, he ran well at Cotley when winning the ladies open race under top female jockey Bryony Frost, and was then only just denied a win at Kingston St Mary when ridden by Jamie Thomas, a previous course winner here and of two Hunter Chases gives him solid form. Whenharrymetsally should be well respected in the confined race, with wins nearly in double figures and the mare always tries hard for the Keith Cumings team.
You may also want to watch:
The Exeter Racecourse-sponsored intermediate race could be a race for Fishy Story if connections choose this meeting over the Axe Vale meeting the day before.
Fishy Story won her maiden here last year and is showing progression having won two of her four starts this season. Those catching the eye in the mares maiden race are Meldon Express, Ruby Fool and Gold Relief with connections hoping they will progress from maiden company soon. Finally up is the open maiden race sponsored by Brewer, Harding and Rowe with 24 entered this maybe divided on the day, those to note are Berry Smart, Moonaro and Zip The Lip.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Course facilities include good viewing, hot food and refreshments, bar, bookies and a number of trade stands. Entrance is £10 car and driver, £20 car driver and one passenger, max £30 per car. Location is at High Bickington, signed from A377, A3124 and B3217 - EX37 9BT.