McCormack wins latest Sidmouth Jewellers meeting
- Credit: Archant
The 24th round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league was won by Pat McCormack who scored 39 points, writes John Barnard.
It’s a little while since Pat has been on the leader board but he showed age is no barrier to good golf.
Two birdies in the last seven holes and a number of pars tidied up his card and meant he won on countback from Simon Knowles.
Simon started with some steady golf, but a run of bogies from the twelfth couldn’t be rescued by birdying the seventeenth.
Doug Jones was third with 38 points. He had a good run of holes from the thirteenth, but even birdying the 18th wasn’t quite enough to win.
You may also want to watch:
There was no change in the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night as the two leaders, Mark Thomas and Lee Wenham didn’t compete. Mark still leads by a massive 27 points.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands