Medford fun competiton joy for Blackler
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies contested a fun Medford competition, writes Maria Clapp.
The first nine holes are played as a medal and the second nine as a Stableford format. On completion of the round you have to deduct your handicap for the first nine holes and then take off the stableford points to get your score.
It was all mighty close with three players finishing on 20 points. The eventual winner, after countback, was Anne Blackler with Sue Billinghurst second and lady captain Angela Coles third.
There were no twos struck.
In other recent news Angela Coles and Sue Langdon represented the club in the Daily Mail Foursomes. Playing against Exeter at home, they were successful and now head for the next round at a venue to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s team playing in the Mail On Sunday competition, captained by Sheila Faulkner lost in their match at Woodbury Park.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford