Meet new tennis coach at welcome day
Sidmouth Tennis Club is pleased to announce the appointment of a new head coach, Ben Elliott, who together with Sue Wiltshire and Derek Blackmore will be offering a full programme of coaching for both juniors and adults from September 10.
Elliott is a product of the South West Tennis Academy in Taunton and has recently completed a degree in Sport Development and Coaching at Plymouth, during which time he has been coaching in Seaton and Exmouth. In November 2011 he obtained his LTA Coach Qualification (Level 3).
The club is also delighted that Elliott has secured the services of two other experienced coaches as part of the overall structure.
Wiltshire will continue her popular coaching role with the ‘rusties’ and the ‘back in the swing of it’ adult groups whilst Blackmore will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the club having a long track record of producing national, regional and county players.
A welcome day is being held on Sat, Sept 8, from 10am- 2pm with the morning session being dedicated to the minis and junior players and from noon adults will have their opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
The idea is to have a fun day, a mix of coaching, light-hearted challenges as well as a little matchplay. So let your curiosity get the better of you, come and meet Ben Elliott and the team and to find out what the club, in its splendid setting, has to offer.
The day is open to all members and prospective members, refreshments will be available.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
For more information contact: www.sidmouthtennisclub.co.uk