Mercan try double as Sidmouth U16s book Fishermans Cup last four berth
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Under-16s booked a place in the semi-finals of the Fisherman’s Cup after a 23-0 win over Devonport Services.
Sidmouth made an usually slow start, but grew into the game to lead 5-0 at the break.
Whatever the coaching staff said at half-time it certainly hit the spot!
There was an extra yard in their step from the re-start and they added three more tries and bagged a penalty on their way to a comfortable, and deserved, victory.
A feature of the second half display was better accuracy in their passing and they also moved the ball well when looking to go forward.
You may also want to watch:
Yan Mercan scored two of the tries with the others to cross the whitewash being Ted Osborne and Cody Kane with Miles Lewis responsible for the successful penalty.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support