Mighty Green Challenge final entries being received
- Credit: Archant
The final entries are now coming in for Sidmouth Running Club’s chairman’s Mighty Green Challenge, writes Terry Bewes.
In the racing category, Andy Shearer took himself off to Spain and along with his friend Kevin Druce entered the Barcelona Marathon.
The great Catalan capital was host to the Zurich Barcelona Marathon which was reborn in 2005.
The race starts in the Avinguda, Maria Cristina and the course it follows is one of the most attractive in Europe.
The favourable climatology that characterizes Barcelona combined with a fully urban circuit that passes through the main landmarks of great interest for the runners.
You may also want to watch:
It was a very warm day with Andy finishing 4:20:00 and Kevin in 4:23:00
Meanwhile, taking herself even further afield, Milly ‘the Marvel’ Frankpitt was in Wungong Dam, Australia.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Milly just couldn’t wait to show off her Mighty Green shirt to the locals!
After what had been just two hours sleep due to jet lag wakefulness the previous night, she ran the 14.1k Darling Ranges in Perth then went straight back to bed!