Mighty Green eight tackle the Bradleys 10k in Exmouth
- Credit: Archant
A team of eight Mighty Greens (MG) took part in the Bradleys Exmouth 10k, raced on the final Sunday of September, writes Hamish Spence.
This event takes the competitors along the seafront and back, so it is a pancake flat race and is known for competitors being able to gain personal bests.
The Sidmouth runners took full advantage of this venue and did themselves proud.
Theo Burgess was the first MG to cross the finish line, taking a whole three minutes from his previous year’s time, giving him a new personal best of 39:17, which left him finishing 10th overall.
The next MG home was Antony Hall, who blasted his way round in a time of 39:58, finishing 17th.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Clay crossed the line in 45:05, seeing him 66th and Sarah Chapham completed the run in 50:05 for a 134th place finish.
Terry Bewes, who has been doing a lot of strengthening and stretch training this summer, was thrilled with his performance, which saw him record 8:59 minute miles for an overall time of 55:45, which represents a new PB and a 228th place finish. There was also a PB for Cheryl Boulton, who spent some of her time keeping up with Terry until he shot off leaving her for dust! Cheryl’s time was 57:12, which saw her finish 253rd.David Skinner also secured a new PB – he was 333rd in 1:03:49 – and Julia Haddrell finished 381st in a respectable time of 1:08:25. A total of 435 ran the race.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution